Insurance Claims Register
Mandatum Life Insurance Company Limited (Mandatum Life) (Business ID 0641130-2)
Contact information for the data protection officer
Mandatum Life data protection officer contact is following:
Mandatum Life Insurance Company Ltd.
Data Protection Officer
P.O. Box 627
In Baltics you can contact Mandatum Life’s customer service in each country with regard to data protection issues.
Mandatum Life, Customer Service
Viru väljak 2, Tallinntel. +372 6 812 300
Kronvalda bulvāris 3 – 3, Rīga, LV-1010
LV tel. +371 67503333
Saltoniškių g. 2, Vilnius LT-08126
LT +370 5 210 9390 Vilniuje
Purpose and legal basis for the processing of personal data
The purpose of the processing of personal data is claims processing based on Mandatum Life’s insurance contracts.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the implementation of the agreement between Mandatum Life and the customer and the fulfilment of the legal obligation of Mandatum Life.
Categories of data subjects
- Mandatum Life’s insurance contract policyholders, the insured and insurance benefit recipients.
Disclosure of data
We may disclose personal data to authorities and other parties referred to law regulating insurance activities or other regulations, mainly to the following:
- Personal data may be disclosed to authorities, for example, the tax authorities and enforcement offices, when required by law.
- Other insurance companies
- Personal data may be disclosed to another insurance company in reinsurance situations.
- The Estonian insurance companies high risk persons register
Transfer of personal data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area
We primarily process data within the EU and the EEA. If data is transferred outside the EU and the EEA (for example, in such a way that the data is processed or stored on servers located in these countries) to countries for which the European Commission has not issued a decision of adequacy of data protection, we will take care of the data protection, for example, by utilising standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. Sensitive data is not transferred outside the EU and the EEA. Transferred data is processed only on behalf of Mandatum Life.
Retention period for personal data
The customer’s data is retained for 13 years after the end of the most recent contract or payment of the most recent out payment. Data related to taxation and reporting obligations (incl. obligations resulting from international FATCA/CRS agreements) are stored for 10 years after the end of each tax year.
Categories of personal data
We process personal data only to the extent necessary and as required by law. The data we process depends on what person or customer category you belong to.
- Data related to insurance claims applications
- For example, information provided in the insurance claims application and supporting documents.
- Data related to the insurance claims decision
- For example, the insurance claims decision, amount of insurance benefit, data related to the payment, health and tax data.
Rights of the data subjects